Upgrades may be assigned to the units in the game. These include:
- Extra Grenade Launcher
- Submachine Gun - A submachine gun adds some short range firepower to a unit; most effective in close combat against enemy infantry.
- Demolition Charge - A large explosive charge that can be thrown about 30m; dangerous to use close to your own troops due to the large blast radius.
- Extra BAR - Assign an extra Browning Automatic Rifle to increase the unit's firepower.
- Extra Light Machinegun - Assign an extra light machine gun to increase the unit's firepower.
- Panzerfaust - A single-shot, short ranged anti-tank weapon that is effective against all Allied tanks.
- Extra Ammunition - Increases a unit's current ammunition by roughly 25%.
- Radio - Unit receives the command bonus from your Company command team at all times.
- Scout Team - Create an ad-hoc unit equipped for scouting. Scouts can be sent forward to locate the enemy without risking a more important unit.
- Assault Team - Create an ad-hoc unit armed for close combat against enemy infantry.
- Tank Hunter Team - Create an ad-hoc unit equipped for close combat against tanks.
- Sniper - A single soldier equipped with a scoped rifle, useful for harassing the enemy with single, long-range shots from concealment.
- Anti-Tank Rifle Team - Form a small team armed with an anti-tank rifle. These small caliber weapons are only effective against lightly armored vehicles.
- Bazooka Team - Form a small team armed with an anti-tank rocket launcher. These weapons have a short range but are effective against all but the heaviest tanks.